Computer Basics Part-2
There are four basic components of Computer
- CPU(Central Processing Unit)
CPU (central processing unit)
- CU+ALU (control unit + arithmetic and logical unit)
- Operations performed by a microprocessor s called “Instruction Set” is “Hard wired” In CPU and determines the machine language for the CPU.
- Processors differ form one another by there Instruction Set
ALU(Arithmetic and Logic Unit)
- Arithmetic and logical unit
- Actual execution of instruction take place here
- Calculations (+ – * /)
- comparisons (< > =)
- Data may move form ALU to primary storage, back and forth till needed.
- Direct and control the activities of internal and external devices
Convert outside world instructions and data In computer acceptable format and supplies it to computer for further processing.
Is reverse of input unit. Converts binary form into human understandable form
All instructions and data input store here and get processed one by one. Stores results, intermediate results and instructions.